The Place I Always Wanted See

The background picture is one of the most famous Balinese Temple located in the northern part of Bali, Bedugul. I can't describe the feeling upon seeing this famous, beautiful temple. I am fascinated by this not too big temple, perhaps its location, on the side of the lake Batur (crater), with the mountain and hills beyond the lake. Mostly foggy, sometimes bright.

Two temples, one tall the other small. Just like a mother and a baby, side by side. Remember the IBM elephant commercial, you get the same feeling when seeing this temple.


Actually there are other temples nearby, but these two temples are located outside the vicinity of the grand temple complex. And what makes it unique, it is on the side of the lake, surrounded by water, makes it isolated, untouchable, for your eyes only. People say there is a deep well inside.

Hundred times, perhaps more than that, I have seen the picture of this temple on the internet, and just can't get enough. I told myself, I have to see this temple when I am still alive. And Alhamdulillah, I have seen it. 

 

1 comment: