Somewhere Between Heaven and Earth

Somewhere Between Heaven and Earth

This is the continuing story of "What Happened in July". It's November, raining. and for a couple of weeks now have read The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles.

I had no idea that such a book exists. First it was my nephew, Putra, who asked me if I've ever heard of "The Secret", a DVD about the Law of Attraction. He mentioned that, because we were "in the middle" of opening a coffee shop and "building" cafe, and I told him that there are "strange" things happening to me, as if the course of events leads me to coffee. 

A couple of days after, I was searching for coffee articles in the internet, and somehow stumbled upon The Secret story in Oprah's web. There she was, Rhonda Byrne, telling her stories, and she mentioned about the book that changed her life, namely The Science of Getting Rich, given by her daughter.

Out of curiosity, I immediately searched for the book in the Scribd, found it, and read it. Something "clicked" in my head.

The "concept", the words, and things written by the author sounds very familiar to me. It was the words we as Moslem, used to hear every Friday at the beginning of the congregation.

The Imam (leader) would always say: I confess there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger, praise Allah the master of the universe, grateful because we until today could gather in this congregation in good health and so on and so on, and be patient and consistent always.

So ... according to that book, these words would make us rich.

Grateful

I started to be more grateful, and BE GRATEFUL, not just pretend or think, but behave and feel grateful for what I have received from Allah. 

And then, yesterday (Friday) during congregation, I thanked Allah like I have never before. Why ?

Remember that July story, where we asked and prayed to Allah for money, so that we could start selling ? And according to our plan that if we start selling in July, by the end of the year we might have something like 3 office branches.

Here we are today, with a financial crisis caused by the United States, and all Banks in Indonesia stopped lending money. There was one multifinance company, wanted to "borrow" 10 Billion Rupiah (from us), in exchange for thier portfolio (receivables).

Suppose somehow we got the money and already were in business since July, selling, and on top of that opened additional office branches ? Can you imagine how devastating we would be today ?

So I realized, Allah works in a mysterious way, we haven't got the money until this day, because if we had, we would be in a very deep deep trouble.

We were protected, by Allah. And that's why I thank Allah so much.

No comments: